I failed already.
I made a plan yesterday for the new year, like almost everyone, and I rushed headlong into failure.
So what happened? Why can’t I accomplish my goal for even one day?
Here are the reasons I fell short:
1. Nobody knows. Really. I told no one my plans and so I had no accountability and no reason to uphold them. I could easy not blog about this and nobody would be the wiser. But, I want to fail to succeed, so I am picking myself back up and going at it again until I get it right.
2. No commitment. I made plans to do things I had no intention of actually doing. I would be stupid to think I would do something I already set out not to do. Don’t make goals for things you aren’t committed to or else you will only achieve disappointment.
3. Real change is gradual. In our instant click and buy world we get use to things changing quickly. If you want to loose 20 pounds, they come off slowly one (or even half of one) at a time. To think just because I want something to change it doesn’t happen without time.
4. Never say never. It’s never a good idea. You don’t know what is going to happen in the future so stop saying that you won’t do something before you are face to face with the opportunity. Stay present in your life and focus on what you can do right now.
5. Rules are for fools. You can outline a whole list of “do’s” and longer list of “don’t’s” but you will never be able to stick to it, so stop it. What should you do instead of list of rules? Check out my unending fascination with grace. If you want to know more drop me a message and I’ll show you what I know.