I love to laugh. Especially out loud. I have laughed until I have cried. I have laughed in hysterical fits that caused people to think there is something wrong with me.
I like to keep things lighthearted and jovial. In my line of work it really helps keep the morale up and the mood light.
For those of you don’t know I work in a juvenile detention center. Not a day goes by that something funny doesn’t happen around there.
In fact I laughed out loud at least four or five times a day if not at least once an hour during an eight hour shift.
Outside of work I laugh a lot too. I try to always be doing something silly or funny to make my wife laugh. Or I am reading and looking at something funny and that makes me laugh.
I like to do unusual things and I always liked to have something funny to say. The problem is I don’t always have the best timing for my jokes. However when I do come up with them I am usually witty. I have been told I have a dry sense of humor. I don’t know about that. I do know that I am good at deadpan delivery. The trick with that is I used to be so serious that now I am great at feigning seriousness.
Mostly, like other comedians, I point out of absurdities. Or things that are funny in the world around me. I prefer not making fun of others or being crass. I make fun of myself too because as anyone who is anyone will tell you that self deprecating humor always goes over well.
Here are 10 times I remember loling irl:
1. I laughed because of the situational mix up at work.
2. Another time I laughed out loud was when I was working out. I was doing push ups my dog Tex came up and playfully attacked my head while I was doing push ups.
3. Watching “The Princes and the Frog” recently I laughed at the scene where Tiana first meets the prince as a frog.
4. Looking at this picture:
5. I lol’d at something funny my wife just said.
6. I laughed when I noticed a pink stain on my blue jeans. It got there from leaving a pink post-it note in my pocket when I washed them.
7. When watching Charade (1963) when Cary Grant’s character showered with his suit on.
8. This commercial: Facts of Life Mute Buttons – Ally Bank Commercial (2015): http://youtu.be/R5tB_hLsSuw
9. This commercial: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7DKI/comcast-business-always-choose-the-fastest
10. Again laughing out loud at a joke from my coworker.
11. Progressive commercial: After School Special – Progressive Direct TV Commercial: http://youtu.be/9Jx3n72JD4o
I laugh out loud often and hope you will too!