You are not that important And neither am I. And that’s okay.
That’s great! It is great because you don’t have to worry about what other people think about you. In fact most people don’t think about anybody but themselves anyways. It’s really great because you don’t have to live your life in fear of what others think about you. You can live your life in freedom!
With that freedom comes responsibility. And most people let that suck the life out of them. Sometime in the becoming an adult process their dreams die. And their souls are emptied.
They give up on life.
It’s too hard. I’m too busy. I’m in debt. I hate my job. I hate my boss. I hate my spouse or significant other. Life sucks and everybody hates me. The world is against me.
Whatever your excuse is, quit it. The following are ten reasons why adults don’t laugh as much as kids. Which is the consequences of their life of defeat.
Adults don’t laugh because:
- They think they are important and take themselves too serious.
- They worry about what people think about them. They don’t. Or it they do. It doesn’t matter.
- They have insecurities, a negative self-image, and/or low self-esteem.
- They don’t like to have fun.
- They don’t play. Games and in the sense of the word play as in acting (i.e. act silly).
- They are too focused on past regrets, problems, and/or bad experiences.
- They are too focused on future things. The “what ifs” of life.
- They suck. Some people just take and never give. Laughter is a given response to show approval.
- They want misery. It loves company.
- They are depressed. That is sad. Seek help.
- They loose sight of the bigger picture of life.
Life is messy. As my niece has said “Wees iss all messes.”
Here are some times that I have laughed recently. But I have probably laughed 1000 times since then. Probably has to do working with youth and children as long as I have. Being around them has changed me in a positive way!