“I hated it. The only two words I liked in it were “fantasy football”. ”
I woke up from dreaming that I got this terrible review of my new book. I am not sure the words “fantasy football” are even in it.
I used to love to play Street Fighter. We didn’t have it at home for our NES so the only time I got to play it was in the arcade (any one remember those?) and at friend’s houses. I played melee button masher style. I wan’t very good at it.
I am supposed to come up with advice for a young person of 10 reasons to go to Las Vegas and 10 reasons NOT to go to Las Vegas.
Let me start by saying I’ve never had any desire to go to Las Vegas. Well let me be more clear, NOW I have no desire to go to Las Vegas. What I know about it is limited and I am going to have to do a Google search to find out more reasons to and not to go because I only had 2 pro and 2 contra before looking it up.
One time as a kid was the closest I even came to going to Vegas. My friend was going to take me with his family. I was scared and talked about it to my mom. She said I wouldn’t have to go to the girly shows. That was all I wanted to do as a kid. But now I think they are degrading to women. Even if they are fully dressed. I never went because I never tried.
I do know Vegas is more than gambling and shows. Well is it? Let me search and find out….hold on.
10 Reasons To Go To Las Vegas
1. Visit The Pawn Stars Pawn Shop
I’ve seen it on TV, now see it in real life.
2. Go To A Boxing Match
Live boxing must be more interesting, right?
3. Visit “Landmark” Hotels
I always seen iconic hotels in Vegas in movies and on TV. Maybe it would be fun to see them in person.
4. High Roller Shopping
They’ve got Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior and Louis Vuitton to name a few. If that is your thing.
5. Bonanza Gift Shop is billed as the “World’s Largest Gift Shop”, with over 40,000 square feet (3,700 m2) of shopping space
Novelty and touristy but some reason to go.
7. Visit Casino’s
If you want to gamble.
8. Go to a World Poker Tour (WPT) event
If you want to watch other people gamble big.
9. To have a shot-gun wedding
10. If you go You will never forget it
10 Reasons NOT To Go To Las Vegas
1. It’s Called Sin City
Probably for a reason.
2. Gambling Is A Waste
If you want to give away your money, let me know. I’ll gladly accept it.
3. Save money by not traveling
4. It probably is not as exciting as the advertising makes it out to be
5. It is touristy. i.e. people just trying to get you to spend money
6. You should visit these 10 places FIRST before Vegas
7. Too much light and noise
8. They have no professional sports teams
9. There is an 8.1% sales tax on purchases and a 12% tax on hotel rooms in Las Vegas. Properties near Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas incur a 13% tax on hotel rooms.
10. You don’t want to.
What did I get wrong? What did I get right? Comment.