My flesh was on fire!
I was burning from the sun.
I knew it was hot. I had put on sunscreen. But I missed a spot and I didn’t realize it until I took my shirt off later that night.
Now I was a redneck. Just in time for the CMA’s.
I used to be into country for a bit as a kid. Then I went through a period where I got mixed up with outlaw country with Billy Joe Shaver, Waylon Jennings, and the like…
All thanks to my local library. For real I just kept checking out outlaw county CD’s for a while.
I was unemployed at the time.
The music kept me going when I was in some rough spots of over a month without work.
Bills don’t stop coming just because you don’t have work.
They say when you don’t have a job that finding a job is your job. That you should get up and get ready and spend a working day looking for work. That might have worked in the past. I think that is a stupid thing to do.
Back then I hadn’t yet been influenced by James Altucher and had yet to decide to choose myself.
I did have thoughts of that if no one wanted to hire me then I should work for myself because I knew what I was capable of even if others didn’t see it.
But at the time I didn’t know what to do and would have done something that now I have no desire to do. I have a more refined sense of entrepreneurship now. That sounds pretentious. Let me rephrase that. Now I don’t want to own a business where I would have a headache. I want something more streamlined, online, and not old world.
The world has changed. Business has changed. Looking for work has changed.
Don’t spend 8 hours sending your resume to people. Don’t cold call people. Don’t waste your gas (when gas is around $3.5/gallon) to drive around to see that no one is hiring at places you don’t want to work.
I forget where I heard it or read it but recently I heard that you shouldn’t even bother applying somewhere if you don’t have an inside connection or a recruiter setting you up for the job.
The economic situation has changed since 2008. But don’t be fooled. It is never going back to the way it was. It has transformed and will never be the same.
And that is a good thing.
We all have more opportunity at this point in history more than ever.
Even if you, like me, still work in an office or similar environment (until we break free) we need to take care of our bodies.
Frankly, I have not been working out very much lately. Actually I did today to get motivated and inspired for today’s blog, but outside of that it has been a least 2 weeks. Which is a lot for me.
Long story short, I did P90X3 in 2014 then dropped off for awhile then got into P90 (Not X) this went well but I got bored. Stopped working out. Got stressed out from a Managerial Account grad class. Starting eating pizza from gas stations…
Not good for my health.
But what is good would to be to do any of these suggested office workouts and excuses if you get caught:
1. Step Back Lunges: Stand up and and do a few to get your blood flowing easy, quick and you can always make it look like you were tying your shoes if a co-worker walks by at any moment.
2. Chair Pose: A good excuse would be to say that you were just pretending your chair was invisible to keep you awake…
3. Walk around: This one is very subtle. Just walk around the work place and if you see someone that might stop you try to avoid them like the ghosts in pacman.
4. Push Ups: Yeah this one would be hard to explain, perhaps you say you lost something under your desk…
5. Arm Circles: This will get your shoulders chance to work out some soreness built up from computer usage. Tell anyone who asks that you are just getting ready for your kickass “swim routine” after work. Just don’t tell them your “swim routine” is a nap.
6. Chair Dips: Get your triceps on fire with a few of these babies… well not actual babies, that would be weird. This one your just gonna have to hope you don’t get caught, because I’ve got nothing to help you out of this one…
7. Wall Sits: Burn, burn, burn…. I’ve done this before at work. Then when I told someone about it they laughed at me. So if your co-workers don’t see you doing it, don’t tell them…
8. Tree Pose: You might as well just admit you are stretching if someone sees you acting like a tree.
9. Inchworm: Here is a video if you don’t know how to do it. Say you lost a contact, even if you don’t wear them…
10. Plank: We’ve used up all the losing things and dropping things excuses…maybe say you fell out of your chair and you are just getting up now. Embarrassing enough for people to move on and leave you alone.
Working out at work might get you sweaty so take it easy. I have adopted a new workout method because I was making excuses rather than working out. Now I do the moves on the video that I want and skip the ones that I don’t like. Also today I used lighter weights than normal. I might not bulk up from it, but hey at least I got moving.
The main thing to remember if you have a job, just graduated, or work for yourself is that you are responsible for yourself. Self care is important and necessary to have any positive impact in anything in life. Forgot working 24/7 as if someone is trying to take it from you. Let them if they are gonna be a bully and take things. Whatever. You’ve got you to take care of, but not selfishly. You’ve gotta be in good condition then you can start helping others or giving to others or at least care about others.
That’s when it will truly be worth it.
I used to not wear sunscreen ever. I hope I don’t get caner. Then again in the future we might find out that sunscreen causes cancer…
It seems like everything else does.
P.S. Want to know who influenced me the most?
I will give you a hint, one was James Altucher.
When reading Conspire To Inspire, you will find out why I chose to feature him along with eight other prominent people.
The story will tell how I discovered them, and why you should care.
Don’t believe me? Find out for yourself by joining me to Conspire to Inspire.
Need an idea of what theme to write ideas about? Go to http://ideas-a-day.com/ for thousands of themes for ideas.
Need a Ghostwriter? Check me out on Fiverr.
Ad an add here at the end of my blog via my Fiverr gig.